Our subject for today’s is about easy vegetarian recipes. Inasmuch as I want the preparation of our vegetarian dishes to be as easy as possible, please allow me to present this simple vegetarian food that’s made of a few ingredients and as little procedures. Here’s an easy veggie meal that’s ready to eat in a few minutes:
Lady finger (Okra) – 1/2 kilo or 1 pound
Fresh coriander (cilantro) – 10 sprigs with extra leaves as garnish
Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
Bell pepper, finely diced – 1 pc.
Red onion, medium xized and finely diced – 1 pc.
Garlic, minced – 3 cloves
Ginger, ground – 1/2/ tsp.
Pepper, ground – 1/2 tsp.
Tomatoes, diced – 3 pcs.
Vegetable Broth – 1/2 cup
Cumin, ground – 3/4 tsp.
Chickpeas, rinsed – 1 15-ounce can
Salt – 3/4 tsp.
Hot sauce – 1 tsp.
1. Cut the lady finger into 1/2-inch pieces and put them in a bowl.
2. Prepare a bowl of ice-cold water and place it near your stove.
3. Get a large saucepan, put it on your stove and fill it up with water.
4. Bring the water in the saucepan to boil then add your ladyfinger or okra and allow it to cook for about two minutes.
5. Remove the ladyfinger from the saucepan and transfer them to the bowl with cold water and drain it after a few seconds.
6. Get your coriander or cilantro sprigs and tie them together with kitchen string.
7. Get a tagine or a large sauce pan and heat it up with medium-high heat. Add your bell pepper into the pan. Stir and allow the okra to cook for two to five minutes while stirring it.
8. Again, you need to remove the dish from the saucepan and transfer it to another bowl. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the dish to make sure no liquid is included in the process.
9. Get your onion, garlic, ginger and pepper and add it to the pan. Stir these ingredients and allow them to cook for three to six minutes or until the onion is soft.
10. Add in your tomatoes, broth, cumin, cooked ladyfinger, coriander sprigs and half of the bell pepper.
11. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan partially. Stir the pan occasionally and allow it to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Mix the chickpeas and salt and add it to the sauce pan while stirring. Allow four minutes before removing the pan from the heat. Remove the coriander sprigs and stir in your hot sauce.
13. Your okra is now ready. You may optionally sprinkle it with the remaining bell pepper and coriander leaves before serving.
- This dish has zero cholesterol, 136 calories, five grams protein, 20 grams carbohydrates, 389 mg potassium, and 443 mg sodium.
- It also contains vitamin C, vitamin A and Folate
For easy vegetarian recipes, you may refer to FoodPlus.tv. They provide great recipes from different cuisines around the world.